Also known as museum pass, museumcard *
The Museum Card represents a personal pass to enter more than 400 museums in the Netherlands!
It is valid one year and it costs €54,90 for adults and €29,95 for youngsters up to 18 years of age. The price includes one time starting fee of €4.95, which has to be paid only at the first purchase of the Museum Card.
The Museumkaart is a cheap way to explore Dutch museums, and every time you wish to! It is quite easy to purchase, you have only to fill a form and the card is immediately yours, together with a leaflet explaining the card's advantages and the museums you can enter for free divided per province.
In the city of Amsterdam these 32 museums are included in the Museum Card:
- Allard Pierson Museum
- Amsterdam Museum
- Anne Frank House
- Bijbels Museum - Bible Museum
- De Nieuwe Kerk - New Church
- Diamond Museum Amsterdam
- Dutch Funeral Museum
- Film Museum - EYE Film Instituut Nederland
- FOAM Photography Amsterdam
- Hermitage Amsterdam
- Huis Marseille, Stichting voor Fotografie
- Jewish Historical Museum
- JHM Kindermuseum
- Max Euwe Centrum - Chess Museum
- Museum Amstelkring - Our Lord in the Attic
- Museum Geelvinck Hinlopen Huis
- Museum Het Schip/Amsterdam School of Architecture
- Museum Van Loon
- Museum Willet-Holthuysen
- NEMO Science center
- Oude Kerk - The Old Church
- Olympic Experience
- Royal Palace Amsterdam
- Press Museum
- Scheepvaartmuseum - Maritime Museum
- Stedelijk Museum
- Tropenmuseum - Tropical Museum
- Tropenmuseum Junior
- Van Gogh Museum
- Verzetsmuseum - Resistance Museum
- Discount for Rembrandt's House
The museum card is sold in selected museums and can be purchased also at Uitburo at Leidseplein:
Opening times: from Monday to Saturday: 10:00 / 18:00; Thursday: until 21:00; Sundays and Public Holidays: 12:00 / 18.00.
People living in the Netherlands can order the Museum Card on line:
* There are two other tourist passes available in Amsterdam, Amsterdam Holland Pass, valid for 1 year which includes free entrance to almost all important museums (including Rijksmuseum) and attractions in Amsterdam the Netherlands and "I amsterdam Card" . This cards is valid for short term visits to Amsterdam of 1, 2 or 3 days. It includes free public transport and entrance to many museums (but not Rijksmuseum) and other tourist attractions in Amsterdam.