Museumkaart, Amsterdam Museum card
According to new rules, only Dutch residents can use it for a full one year after registering it online. To others the card will expire after 31 days.
To read about other options visit our
Amsterdam discount cards page.
Otherwise the Amsterdam Museum Card represents a personal pass to enter more than 400 museums in the Netherlands. This offer pays for itself after visiting just a few large museums in Amsterdam.
Anyone can buy a Museumkaart at participating museums of which those located in Amsterdam are listed below.
The Museumkaart website www.museumkaart.nl is in dutch only and online purchase is only to Dutch residents.
Amsterdam museum card costs €59.90 for adults and €32.45 for youngsters up to 18 years of age. The price includes one time starting fee of €4.95, which has to be paid only at the first purchase of the Museum Card.
The Museumkaart is a cheap way to explore Dutch museums, and every time you wish to! It is quite easy to purchase, you have only to fill a form at the museum and the card is immediately yours, together with a leaflet explaining the card's advantages and the museums you can enter for free.
In the city of Amsterdam these museums are included in the Amsterdam Museum Card:
- Allard Pierson Museum
- Amsterdam Museum
- Anne Frank House
- Rembrandt's House
- Bijbels Museum - Bible Museum
- De Nieuwe Kerk - New Church
- Diamond Museum Amsterdam
- Dutch Funeral Museum
- Film Museum - EYE Film Instituut Nederland
- FOAM Photography Amsterdam
- Hermitage Amsterdam
- Huis Marseille, Stichting voor Fotografie
- Jewish Historical Museum
- JHM Kindermuseum
- Max Euwe Centrum - Chess Museum
- Museum Our Lord in the Attic
- Museum Geelvinck Hinlopen Huis
- Museum Het Schip/Amsterdam School of Architecture
- Museum Van Loon
- Museum Willet-Holthuysen
- NEMO Science center
- Oude Kerk - The Old Church
- Olympic Experience
- Royal Palace Amsterdam
- Press Museum
- Scheepvaartmuseum - Maritime Museum
- Stedelijk Museum
- Tropenmuseum - Tropical Museum
- Tropenmuseum Junior
- Van Gogh Museum
- Verzetsmuseum - Resistance Museum
- Amsterdam Municipal Archives
- De Appel
- Multatuli Museum
- Pijpenkabinet & Smokiana
- Portuguese Synagogue
- Pianola Museum
- Museum tot zover
- National Holocaust Memorial, Hollandsche Schouwberg
- Special collections at the Amsterdam University Library
* There are two other tourist passes available in Amsterdam, Amsterdam Holland Pass, valid for 1 year which includes free entrance to almost all important museums (including Rijksmuseum) and attractions in Amsterdam the Netherlands and "I amsterdam Card" . This cards is valid for short term visits to Amsterdam of 1, 2 or 3 days. It includes free public transport and entrance to many museums (but not Rijksmuseum) and other tourist attractions in Amsterdam.