Schiphol Hotel A4 Van der Valk
The Hotel Schiphol A4 forms part of the famous Dutch Van der Valk chain of restaurants and hotels, which can be found throughout the Netherlands and in some other countries. The Van der Valk brand, distinguished by its Toucan logo, stands for high quality at a reasonable price.
The four-star A4 hotel is conveniently located along the A4 motorway, which is one of the country’s main traffic links between Amsterdam and The Hague / Rotterdam, at a five-minute drive south of Amsterdam airport.
The hotel has 435 rooms spread over four levels, including the following types of room:
The spacious standard single and double rooms come equipped with a television, WiFi internet connection, desk, separate seating area and a terrace or balcony. The bathroom has a bathtub and hairdryer. All rooms are airconditioned and have a small safe to store your valuables.
The hotel also has whirlpool rooms, equipped with a more luxurious bathroom, and rooms for parents with children or small groups of up to six people (which are in fact two connected rooms with each one single and one double bed).
As for suites, the hotel offers the following:
- Business suites, which offer more space than a standard room and have separate toilets.
- The Top suite with a king size bed and a whirlpool.
- The Ibiza suite, with a separate living area including a comfortable sofa and an entertainment system with surround sound speaker system, whirlpool and special lighting arrangement.
- The Luxury Jungle Suite comes equipped with a hammock from which you can lazily watch television, and has a nice Jacuzzi.
- The Luxury Mexico suite has its own sun bed and a home cinema system.
- The Moulin Rouge suite is decorated in a retro style and also has a whirlpool in the bathroom.
- The wellness suite is decorated in stylish black and white patterns and is especially popular as a honeymoon suite.
- Finally, the unique Swimming Pool suite comes with a very own private mini-pool and double Jacuzzi, sauna and fantastic king size bed.
Bars and restaurants and other facilities
The hotel’s large restaurant offers a lunch and dinner menu with a wide range of dishes, ranging from haute-cuisine to plain but delicious home-style cooking. The restaurant is popular with hotel guests and dining guests alike, and is often used by groups for dinners to celebrate a birthday or wedding. The Royal Bar, with comfortable seating around a beautiful open fireplace, is opened between 16.00 and 01.00.
If you don’t have a laptop, you can connect to the internet in the hotel’s internet cafe, which has several computers available. The hotel’s facilities furthermore include 22 meeting rooms and an indoor, heated swimming pool on the ground floor, which is open between 07.00 and 23.00.
The hotel offers a Park-Sleep-Fly package if you’d like to park your car there during your stay abroad for a maximum of 15 days. Whether this option is interesting for you depends on the duration of the parking.
Free airport shuttle
The free airport shuttle operates from the hotel to the airport between 06.00 and 23.20, leaving from the hotel every 40 minutes. The first shuttle from the airport leaves at 06.20, with the last service at 23.40. If you need a transfer between 23.40 and 06.00 you can reserve it at the front desk for a fee of EUR 20 per room (maximum of four persons).
Hotel Schiphol Amsterdam
Rijksweg A4 Nr.3
2132 MA Hoofddorp
Home page: www.hotelschiphol.nl